Central to Impacting the Economy.
CCSU’s BA in Economics offers students the opportunity to explore different views and approaches to economic questions and policies. The program’s rigorous structure prepares students for multiple pathways to either enter the workforce after graduation or pursue graduate studies.
Economics students develop marketable skills that prepare them to be competitive job market and graduate school candidates.
- Attend full- or part-time
- Classes on-campus and in hybrid format
- Flexible, student-centered program designed for completion in four years
- Experiential learning in high-impact practices
- Emphasis on development of critical thinking
- Curriculum includes policy evaluation, quantitative analysis, and technical skills with computer software
- Internship and study abroad opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available
- Matthew Rubino, Associate Analyst, LIMRA Graduates with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics should be able to:
I remember my time with the CCSU Economics Department as extremely valuable. The
professors were knowledgeable and communicative, and truly cared about the successes
of their students. Working in market analysis for LIMRA in Windsor, CT, I find myself
turning back to my lessons on a daily basis. More importantly, I feel my experiences
with the Economics Department prepared me to continue to learn and think critically
once I entered my career.
Did You Know?
- Matthew Rubino, Associate Analyst, LIMRA
Graduates with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics should be able to: