“Any union is only as strong as the members who choose to get involved.”
By becoming active in the CCSU Chapter of SUOAF-AFSCME Local 2836, you’ll get a lot more out of your union. Getting involved means:
- Helping to make a difference
- Getting together with work friends and colleagues and meeting new people
- Doing things you usually couldn’t or wouldn’t do alone
- Participating in new opportunities for education, training and personal development
- Having fun at work by helping to build campus community
You can get involved in a number of ways:
- Serve as the Union representative on a Search Committee.
- Become a Union Steward.
- Attend Chapter meetings.
- Run for an elected position on a Union or University committee, or as an officer.
Please contact one of your officers today to see how you can contribute to your union. Becoming an active member does not take substantial time, and getting involved gives members the ability to have an equal say in important issues that effect the entire bargaining unit.