Central to Understanding Universal Behavior.
The CCSU BS in Physics emphasizes in-depth inquiry into basic physical principles, analytical techniques, applications of physics, and critical thinking. The program prepares students for graduate study in fundamental and applied physics, or for positions in wide variety of STEM and other professional careers.
The Physics program requires a minor in any subject or a concentration in at least one of the following: Engineering Physics, Biology, Biomolecular Science, or Finance. Students in the program go on to graduate school for further study in physics, engineering, law school, medical school, and medical physics; to entry-level research and development positions in industry; and a host of other options. CCSU also offers a BS in Physics for Teacher Certification.
- Offers varied optional concentrations for students seeking specific competencies in cutting edge interdisciplinary fields
- Unique undergraduate research opportunities that involve students in the high-impact practice of real-world research
- Research findings presented at conferences
- Opportunities to gain valuable skills to excel in graduate schools or the workplace
- Specialized tracks allow students to pursue education in individual interests while still earning employable skills
- Internship opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available