Applying for Admission
In addition to meeting all requirements established for admission to Central Connecticut State University*, the applicant must:
- Be licensed currently as a registered nurse in Connecticut;**
- Carry and provide documentation of adequate malpractice and health insurance;
- Have completed a minimum of 45 undergraduate credits from an accredited college or university;
- Have advisement by nursing faculty;
- Be CPR certified;
- Meet specific immunization and OSHA requirements;
- Successfully complete the state articulation agreement (35 credits of nursing transferred from associate degree or diploma school program) prior to enrolling in NRSE 303; and
- Complete the BSN program within five years of taking NRSE 303.
*Admission to the University does not guarantee advancement to upper division nursing courses.
**Applicants in their final year of a diploma or associate degree may be accepted on a provisional basis.