Central to Learning the Language of Business.
Central’s BS in Accounting prepares graduates for the CPA profession as well as careers in management accounting, auditing, taxation, forensic accounting, and accounting analytics. Accounting and auditing careers offer stability, high income earning opportunities, and opportunities for advancement. Accountants provide an extremely crucial role helping organizations make better decisions. External auditors provide integrity to a set of financial statements and provide the stakeholders with confidence in financial reporting. Internal auditors help improve an organizations internal controls and systems. Accountants are in demand!
The program satisfies the business and accounting educational requirements of the Connecticut State Board of Accountancy to take the Connecticut Certified Public Accounting (CPA) examination as well as the educational requirements to become a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Draws upon the expertise of dedicated faculty who challenge, motivate, and encourage students in pursuit of their educational goals
- Accounting faculty, using practical business experience and real-world themes, help students bridge the gap from classroom to career
- Real business world experience may be obtained by students through school sponsored internships and the CCSU Cooperative Education Program
- Graduates are recruited from large international, national, regional, and local accounting firms, Fortune 500 companies, State of Connecticut, FBI, IRS, as well as many other organizations
- Option for 5-year accelerated BS in Accounting/MBA or BS in Accounting/MSA
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available
The CCSU School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB International - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.