Central to Exploring the Past.
Expand your employment opportunities with a CCSU MA in History. Pursue your passion as you prepare to teach history, earn a law degree, work for a non-profit, or delve deeper into historical study and research. Engage with a solid and rigorous experience in professional historical thinking and writing.
- Starts every January and August
- 30-credit program
- Attend full- or part-time
- Late afternoon/evening classes on-campus
- Flexible program allows you to complete regular assignments, conduct research, and make progress toward your degree while working full-time
- Emphasis on professionalization of content knowledge and communication skills
- Engage with professors who are scholars in their field and who actively participate in ongoing historical research and publishing
- Learn to develop and effectively present historical arguments using primary and secondary sources both orally and in writing
- Graduate experience tailored to your interests
- Small class sizes
- Financial aid is available
- No GMAT/GRE required
- Ashly Vallera, ’06, MA '16 To produce a paper that meets the standards of the historical profession:
My time at CCSU is a period of my life that I look back upon with sentiment and gratitude.
I always knew I had wanted to be a history teacher, and the relationships I developed
with peers and staff solidified my lifelong dream. The professors in the department
truly care about you not only as a student, but as a colleague and partner in helping
others develop a passion for history. My professors inspired and motivated me to be
the teacher I am today. CCSU was and always will be a place where professors really
know your name. I am grateful to still be in contact with many of them.
Did You Know?
The Connecticut League of History Organizations and The Witness Stones Project have their offices in the CCSU History Department and connects students with the history community and employers.
- Ashly Vallera, ’06, MA '16
To produce a paper that meets the standards of the historical profession: