Central to Impacting Educational Change.
CCSU’s Sixth-Year Certificate in Educational Leadership prepares you to play an influential
role as an administrator in a public or private school organization. A concentration
in Special Education is available for those interested in special education administration.
Completing this program makes you eligible for certification as an intermediate administrator/
supervisor. Become a department chair, assistant principal, principal, or assistant
- Starts every January and June
- 30-credit program
- Classes offered on-campus
- Financial aid is available
- No GMAT/GRE required
Individuals who pursue advanced certification in Educational Leadership go on to careers
as school administrators and leaders of educational organizations.
- Capacity to shape your school’s (or district’s) organizational direction and influence
- Deep understanding of how learning occurs and how to develop inquiring minds
- Ability to create optimal learning environments by partnering with colleagues, parents,
and social organizations
- Understanding of the legal, ethical, and policy environment of school administrations
- Ability to use a variety of approaches to assess student learning, teacher development,
parent satisfaction, and organizational effectiveness