The TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is a multiple-choice test that evaluates student competencies needed for nursing curriculum in: reading, math, science and English/language usage.
As of June 2022 - ATI has transitioned to Version 7 of the exam. Results of other exam types (i.e. HESI, etc.) and previous versions of the TEAS will NOT be accepted.
Students should visit the ATI TEAS web pages to learn more information. It is suggested that students approach preparing for this exam similar to the SAT/ACT/AP exams.
Students may take the exam either:
1. Online remote proctored exam - managed by ATI
2. In person proctored at a PSI testing center - see details on ATI TEAS webpage (4 locations in CT and 10 in MA - as well as across country)
Here is some valuable information:
- Link to ATI to review information about the remote proctoring experience https://atitesting.com/teas/the-ati-teas-exam-with-proctorio/?_ga=2.95720223.2054645415.1597158346-1195851978.1534363757
- An account must be created with ATI prior to registering for the test.
- There is a cost for this test charged by ATI and is not linked to any CCSU account. Students will be able to upload a TEAS transcript - first one is free from ATI and then charged for any others.
- If special accommodations are needed – please refer to FAQ tab on ATI where you can review the process for request – please plan on additional time for processing your request with ATI during your planning and preparation timeline
- Applicants MUST obtain at least an adjusted individual score of 70.0%. This score reflects the national mean of BSN programs nationwide. CCSU will accept the highest score on record - within the posted deadlines and following the remediation testing timeframe.
- The adjusted individual total score will count as 25% of the total admission application to the Nursing major.
** Please note - to identify CCSU in ATI system - enter the name as: Central CT State U
- Take current version of TEAS exam - Version 7 which released in June 2022.
- Scores from the previous 18 months of application date will be considered
- Students can take ONLY 3 times during a calendar year
- Deadline for LAST considered score on ATI exam is February 1st of the year student submits application. (i.e. student submits application 2/15/2021 - last eligible score must be before 2/1/2021
- IF student does NOT achieve minimum score of 70% - they MUST WAIT one month wait between testing again (complete remediation) - this is best practice suggestion from ATI.
Please consider obtaining a study manual and take the online practice assessments prior to sitting for your exam. The TEAS study manual and online practice assessments are available through www.atitesting.com