Completing the FAFSA is essential for Central Connecticut State University students seeking financial assistance. It determines eligibility for aid programs, scholarships, and grants from the university and reduces reliance on loans. We encourage everyone to complete a FAFSA. An early FAFSA opens the opportunity to Grant funds available through the University.
PRIORITY DEADLINE: March 1st
Late applicants can still qualify for Direct Loans and Pell Grants, if eligible.
Completing Your FAFSA
How to Get Started
STEP 1: What Will I Need?
- 2021 Federal Tax Return and 2021 W-2(s) - FAFSA requires "Prior, Prior" year Tax Data.*
*Do not be alarmed by the request for 2021 as opposed to, for example, a 2022 Tax Return.
- FSA ID, which may be created/retrieved by visiting the FSA ID website.
The FSA ID acts as the FAFSA online signature, as well as the login for other federal websites.
- Parent FSA ID (for Dependent students)
STEP 2: Complete the FAFSA - CCSU School Code: 001378
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is free and completed here. Avoid websites asking for payment.
You can file the FAFSA prior to officially applying for Admissions. You may include up to 10 different schools.
We have a priority deadline of March 1st. You may file after the priority deadline. Aid will be limited to Direct Federal Loans and Pell Grant, if eligible.
To be eligible for financial aid, a student must be:
- Matriculated at CCSU
- A U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- And maintain a minimum Half-Time Status per semester.
How to View Financial Aid Award / Required Documents
STEP 1: Activate BlueNet Account*
*Very important! The $200 Admissions confirmation deposit is not required to create a BlueNet account.
STEP 2: View Financial Aid Award
How do I view/accept my financial aid?
- Visit the Central Pipeline's WebCentral-Banner Web
- Use BlueNet Username & Password
- Click [Financial Aid] tab
- Award by Aid Year/Accept Award
- Financial Aid Requirements/Documents to review items that may prevent aid offers/disbursements
- Select appropriate "Aid Year" & click "Submit"
- Click [Accept Award Offer] tab
- Review Terms & Conditions, Accept/Decline, click "Submit Decision"
- Click [Financial Aid] tab once again
- Click "Sign Financial Aid Award Letter/Title IV Authorization"
- Change 3rd option from Hold to Refund, then click "Submit"
Central Connecticut State University is fully committed to the academic success of our Pell grant recipients and is honored to support them with The Pell Promise. Upon submission of the FAFSA, all full-time first time incoming and transfer qualifying students, admitted for the Fall 2023 semester, who live in Connecticut or a New England Regional state who have an Expected Family Contribution of zero will receive scholarships and grants that cover the full cost of tuition and fees. In other words, the out-of-pocket academic expenses that remain after your federal Pell grant and state aid funds are applied will be covered by the university. We hope this affords you financial and academic success as you pursue your degree at CCSU.
Federal Student Aid Resources
Documents may be submitted using our Online Document Submission tool, emailed (be sure to Password Protect private information), or faxed (860-832-3330).
Be sure to monitor your CCSU e-mail address or periodically check Central Pipeline for Financial Aid Offers and/or Requirements.
Student Financial Literacy & Support
The Office of Financial Literacy provides students the knowledge and support they need to successfully navigate the challenges that come along with financing an education, living on their own for the first time, managing the financial aid process, and paying their bills. Tambien hablamos español.
Learn more at: ccsu.edu/studentFinancialLiteracy