Referral of Students
Sometimes an employee is told, hears, or observes something but is not sure what to do with the information. If the information relates to a student’s basic needs, you are in the right place. To start the process, please complete the Referral of Students Form.
Once you complete and submit the form, a team member will receive it. The team member will reach out to the student to set up a meeting to discuss in detail the student’s needs and to develop an action plan. The student will meet with the team member periodically for guidance and to ask questions.
Once the Circle of Care receives your report, the team member assigned to the student will reach out to you to assure you we received the form. Given the right to privacy of the student, we will not be able to share any subsequent information other than confirmation that we have received your form and reached out to the student. At any time, the student may give the team member permission to speak to you and provide more information. We hope you understand this approach to the assistance we are providing.
Your rights as a reporter:
- To remain as an anonymous reporter.
- To be notified that your report has been received.
- To be notified that a team has reached out to the referred student.
The rights of the student:
- To be treated with respect and dignity without judgement.
- Privacy. Student information only will be shared with individuals who will directly assist the student. Requests for assistance will not be attached to a student’s academic records in any way.
- To accept all, partial, or none of the resources offered.
- To request a different team member.
- To have all potential outcomes explained.