In Fall 2015, the Selected Improvement Commission of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) approved the continuation of the NCATE accreditation for the School of Education and Professional Studies at Central Connecticut State University at the initial teacher preparation and advanced preparation levels. The School of Education and Professional Studies at Central CT State University was granted accreditation status by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) for a five-year period, ending in Fall 2025. The accreditation letter and the accreditation action report are both available for review online [PDF download].
CAEP Annual Reporting Measures
CAEP has eight annual reporting measures which are used to provide information to the public on program impact and program outcomes. The following measures are those specified by CAEP for annual reporting. Impact measures include impact on student learning and development, Indicators of teaching effectiveness, Satisfaction of employers and employment milestones, and Satisfaction of completers.
Outcome measures include Graduation rates, Ability of completers to meet licensing (certification) and any additional state requirements; Title II (initial & advanced levels), Ability of completers to be hired in education positions for which they have prepared (initial & advanced levels), and Student loan default rates and other consumer information (initial & advanced levels).
Below are the eight reporting measures for our undergraduate and graduate initial and advanced licensure programs with data tables and information that provide supporting evidence for each measure.
- Measure One: Impact on student learning and development
- Measure Two: Indicators of teaching effectiveness
- Measure Three: Satisfaction of employers and employment milestones
- Measure Four: Satisfaction of completers
- Measure Five: Graduation rates
- Measure Six: Ability of completers to meet licensing/other state requirements
- Measure Seven: Ability of completers to be hired in education positions
- Measure Eight: Student loan default rates and consumer information - Document 1
Student loan default rates and consumer information - Document 2