The African Studies Program is a part of the Central Connecticut State University International Area Studies Program. Its principal goals are:
- To promote an interdisciplinary approach to the study of Africa
- To give students an opportunity to study in Africa and to encourage student exchanges
- To facilitate the exchange of scholars between C.C.S.U. and African institutions
- To establish links with local and regional educators interested in the study of Africa
- To encourage student visitation of Africana Collections
- To develop a collaborative relationship with other African Studies programs.