Central to Bridging Gaps in Understanding.
With a CCSU MA in Applied Linguistics, use your theory-informed linguistics skills to teach English as a second language, or study and guide governmental and institutional policies in language use. This program offers rigorous and well-rounded training in a high-demand profession.
Our graduates teach across the state of Connecticut and around the world. They work in elementary and secondary schools, adult education programs, intensive language institutes, and community colleges, as well as in publishing, government, and institutional management.
- Starts every January and August
- Attend full- or part-time, with some flexibility in modality
- Taught by outstanding faculty in small classes
- Research in Bilingualism & English Language Learning Research Lab (BELL-RL)
- Learn the unique balance of theoretical and practical skills for teaching and policymaking
- One of only two programs in Connecticut offering a path for initial K-12 Teacher Certification in TESOL
- Financial aid is available
- No GRE required