Central to Using Data for Decisions.
CCSU’s MA in Mathematics: Statistics prepares students for a career or advanced study
in statistics by understanding the discipline as a collection of inferential tools
derived mathematically from models and/or assumptions.
- Starts every January and August
- 33-credit program
- Attend full- or part-time
- Classes offered evenings on-campus and online
- Choice between three capstones: Plan A: Thesis, Plan B: Comprehensive Exam, or Plan
C: Special Project
- Financial aid is available
In May of 2020, the median annual wage for statisticians was $92k. Overall employment
of statisticians is projected to grow 33% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the
average for all occupations.
- Comprehension of the theory behind methods of statistical inference
- Proficiency in the design and analysis of univariate, multivariate, stochastic, and
- Familiarity with regression, log linear, and time series models
- Understanding and application of parametric and nonparametric procedures
- Expertise in using the latest statistical open-source software, Python & R