Central to Exploring the Natural World.
CCSU’s BS in Biology prepares students to understand and interpret the living world to achieve success in careers in biological sciences, including the health sciences. Students pursue one of six fields of study that equips them with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career or further their education.
Graduates are required to conduct a student-centered research project with a Biology faculty member or to participate in an internship with an appropriate off-campus organization, many students do both.
CCSU graduates with a BS in Biology enter careers in occupations like biologist, botanist, dentist, ecologist, forester, high school biology teacher, marine biologist, medical doctor, pharmacologist, physician assistant, research associate, veterinarian, and more.
- Attend full- or part-time
- Small class sizes with hands-on, student-centered learning
- State-of-the-art laboratories using modern equipment in areas ranging from molecular biology, epigenetics, neurobiology, plant & algal culture, microscopy, water quality measurement, and wildlife management & conservation biology
- Classes taught by Biology faculty, not teaching assistants
- Excellent preparation for further study in medical, dental, veterinarian, and physicians’ assistant programs
- Student-centered research results presented at local, regional, or national conferences
- Research results may be published with mentoring faculty member
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available