The following guidelines are what Admissions Counselors look for when reviewing applications for admission consideration
- Official High School Transcript College Preparatory Curriculum SAT (1072 median score for students enrolled Fall 2017) reading/writing and mathematics score combined. Applicants are strongly encouraged to take the SAT more than once. ACT is accepted and the combined average is 21.
- 4 years-English
- 3 years-Math (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra II)*
- 3 years-Social Science (including US History)
- 2 years-Science (including one lab science)*
- 3 years (up to the third level) of the SAME foreign language is RECOMMENDED, not required. Students completing up to the third level in high school are exempt from taking foreign language at the university.
*Additional coursework is required for specific majors within the Schools of Business, Education & Professional Studies, and Engineering, Science & Technology. Please see program requirements on website.
- Class Rank (top 50% of their graduating class as guideline)
- While interviews are not required for students applying for admission, the Admissions staff may request an interview with certain applicants to obtain additional information or to clarify information.
An admissions counselor will review your completed application and send you a written decision letter approximately within two weeks.
Central Connecticut State University admits students of any age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or non-disqualifying handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activity generally accorded or made available to students at the University.