Provide a student centered approachable and consistently staffed safe space that focuses on resources for the campus lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and ally (LGBTQA) community. These resources will include but not be limited to: programming, networking, a literary and periodical library, and referral services. The Center will also help facilitate and coordinate training for the campus community on the topic of LGBTQA inclusion, resources, and services unique to this community.
How To Find us?
You can find the LGBT Center in the “living room” of the campus: the Student Center. Take a walk up the stairs or ride the elevator to the 3rd floor and we are room number 304. Stop in any time we’re open; we look forward to meeting you!
LGBT Center Hours for Spring 2012:
Monday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
During these times the center is staffed by an administrator, student workers, or volunteers that can help you find and utilize in-house, campus, and community resources; provide information about LGBT campus initiatives; and talk about LGBT issues.
LGBT Center Library
Borrowing of the Center library books, videos, magazines, and resources can be arranged during these hours. (Online Catalogue Coming soon!)
The LGBT center celebrated it’s opening in the fall of 2009 after much hard work by the One in Ten Committee, students, faculty, and staff of CCSU. It started with a conversation and the recognition that students needed a safe space on campus. While the Center is still very new to campus, we are already making an impact in creating a welcoming community for LGBT students, and educating the campus on LGBT issues and student services.
- Become a Safe Zone Member
- Sign-up for our Email list: Email us at LGBT@CCSU.edu with subject line "add to email list".
- Join us on Facebook! CCSU LGBT Center
- INSIDE-OUT: Casual LGBTQI/A Discussion/Support Group
- Meets every Wednesday from 12pm - 1pm @ the LGBT Center (Sponsored by the Counseling & Wellness Center)
- Calendar of Events
- Join the Speakers Bureau
- Request a Speaker from the Bureau
- Join the PRIDE student organization.
- Help out at the LGBT Center
The LGBT Center Is for Everyone!
Whether you are a member of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and Ally (LGBTQIA) community, or someone looking to better understand LGBTQIA issues.
Stop by and see us if:
- You want to learn more about LGBT life and issues,
- You are looking for support or information about "the coming out" process and what supports are available.
- You have a family member, co-worker, roommate, or friend who identifies as LGBT and you would like to know the best way to support them.
- You are looking for LGBT friendly campus and community resources like doctors, counselors, places of worship, coaches, and faculty.
- You are doing research on an LGBT related topic for a class project or paper.
- You have an Idea for an event related to sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or expression.
- You are looking for a safe affirming place to hang out, talk, or do your homework.
The LGBT Center is here for you however you want to use it.
Free Condoms, Dental Dams, Female Condoms, and Lube are also available at the Center. Safe Sex is important whether you have opposite or same sex partners.