University of Caen
The university of CaenIntensive language program for an immediate immersion into French culture, promoting the acquisition of increasing autonomy in a variety of communication situations. Program open to anyone over 18, with no pre-requisite of diploma and/or French proficiency; however, beginners (A1) are not accepted for session 2
Module 1 - Language and Culture
45hrs of language training, every morning, Monday through Friday
- systematic work on oral and written communication situations;
- reinforcement of grammatical structure;
- vocabulary enrichment;
- phonetic and prosodic work in language lab.
• 15hrs of cultural modules (civilization, literature, History of Art), 3 sessions per week in the afternoon
Module 2 - Language and History
• 45hrs of language training (see module 1)
• 25hrs of History program in English + guided visits of D-Day landmarks
A 50 hour program of cultural activities is offered during each session along with the language training.
Afternoons and evenings are reserved for the discovery of Caen, its surroundings (Bayeux, Mont Saint-Michel, D-Day landing sites...) and the French culture (Music Festival, National Day...). A one-day excursion is organized every week-ends
Students will live on campus at the University of Caen's campus.
Apply Now to Study Abroad
This program is open to undergraduate students with a minimum of one year of study at CCSU.
A minimum of 2.75 cumulative GPA is required.
Module 1 (session 1 or 2) €525
Module 2 (session 1 or 2) €685
On Campus housing-€240 per session
Students are responsible for their own airfare, meals and all other personal expenses.
Session 1 June 10-June 27
Session 2 July 1-July 18
Application Deadline is May 1
Center for International Education
Barnard Hall, Room 123
860 832 2043