This committee a broad charge with 5 topics that they should research, address and make recommendations on. They also have the opportunity to add other items to the list that they feel appropriate.
The five topics are:
1. Review of our current policies regarding online courses, including the number of courses offered each semester/winter/summer;
2. Accepted best practices for online courses;
3. Models for assessment of online courses;
4. Current practices with respect to non-credit courses;
5. Other universities’ policies with respect to faculty training.
Roger Bilisoly (Mathematical Sciences; Data Mining program)
David Blitz (Philosophy)
Tom Burkholder (Chemistry and Biochemistry; Information Technology Committee) Chair
Michael Davis (Biomolecular Sciences; Graduate Studies Policy Committee)
Mark Jackson (Biology; Curriculum Committee)
Jason Jones (English; CCSU-AAUP President)
Rachel Schwell (Mathematical Sciences; Academic Standards Committee)
John Tully (History; Committee on Academic Freedom)