Reduce student legal offenses and non-academic misconduct cases.
Reference to Previous Strategic Plans: FSP 99. 1.4
Campus-wide violations report
Non-academic campus-wide violators 704 (5.6%), 2010-11
Reduce the number of campus-wide non-academic student violators as a percentage of the student body; continuous reduction
Campus-wide non-academic violators 721 (6%), 2012-13
- Continue to emphasize social responsibility and community engagement at Orientation.
- Increase participation in Devil's Den @10pm.
- Maintain participation in Campus Recreation and Intramural sports.
- Continue to develop and implement town gown initiatives.
- Continue to promote "student responsibility" during new student orientation.
- Expand community building activities within and among residence halls.
- Continue use of Student Behavior Review Team and Threat Assessment Team as a way to share information about students who may present a danger to the campus.
- Increase programs related to community standards.
- Promote involvement in student activities through various media and marketing tools
- Implement Engaged Bystander Training program to train and encourage students to endorse values of safety, support victims of violence or injustice, and act effectively to prevent or stop harmful or violent interpersonal encounters.
BACK TO GOALS & OBJECTIVES