Connecting to the ccsu-bluenet Wireless Network
Computers and Chromebooks
The ccsu-bluenet wireless network is an encrypted wireless network that provides you with secure and faster access to the internet on campus.
The first time you connect to ccsu-bluenet, you will need to install a security certificate on your device. See below for instructions to install the security certificate on various devices. Before you start, please ensure that Java applets are allowed in your web browser (click here for instructions).
NOTE: CHROMEBOOKS MUST BE MANUALLY CONFIGURED TO ACCESS THE WIRELESS NETWORK, please scroll down for the manual configuration instructions.
Windows and Mac One-time Configuration
- Open the list of wireless networks and connect to ccsu-connect-here.
- Open your web browser and the CCSU Wireless Access screen should open automatically. If this screen does not open automatically, then open your web browser and navigate to https://Guestserver.ccsu.edu/wireless.
- From the CCSU Wireless Access screen, click on the ccsu-bluenet button.
- The XpressConnect by Cloudpath Networks secure network access wizard will open automatically.
If it does not, open your web browser and navigate to https://Guestserver.ccsu.edu/wireless.
- At the Security Information dialog box:
On Windows, you may get a screen similar to the one below. Click the check box to always trust content from the publisher, then click on Run.
On Mac, you may get a screen similar to the one below. Click the Allow button.
- At the Welcome Screen, enter your BlueNet Account username and password. If you are
prompted for the domain, enter ccsu_comp_srv (faculty/staff) or ccsu_aca_comp (student)
in the domain field. Click on Continue.
If you are on a Mac, you may also be prompted to enter the Administrator username and password. Enter the local administrator username and password for your computer and click on OK.
If you are on a Mac, you may also be prompted to verify the security certificate. Click on Continue to verify it.
- The application will proceed to configure your computer for ccsu-bluenet. When configuration is complete, you will receive the "Successfully connected" message. Click on Done.
Your wireless connection will switch to ccsu-bluenet automatically.
You have now completed the one-time configuration to connect to ccsu-bluenet. Anytime you are on campus, your device will automatically connect to this wireless network.
Manual Device Configuration - for Chromebooks and Devices unable to connect with Cloudpath
If the secure network access wizard is not available on your device (for example, a Chromebook), then you may use these settings to manually configure the security certificate:
EAP Method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
Server CA certificate: Do not check
If prompted for an "identity", enter your BlueNet username and password.
Netshares - faculty, staff, and students may access their netshares while connected to the ccsu-bluenet wireless network. Click here for instructions.
Students, click here for instructions.
Faculty/staff, click here for instructions.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk at 860-832-1720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.