IT Announcement - 3/8/2018
Sunday Maintenance Reminder
Every Sunday from 12:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. all systems (e-mail, Banner, wireless, etc.) will be intermittently unavailable while important maintenance and updates are performed.
Weekly Maintenance – Reminder
Please log off your computer when leaving for the day every Thursday, but do not power it off. This will allow updates to be sent down to your computer on Friday after 12:00am. If you turn your computer off and leave it off overnight on Thursday, shortly after turning it back on, your computer will restart in order to install and apply any updates. If you leave your computer logged in Thursday night into Friday, you may lose any unsaved data you were working on when the computer restarts.
There will be intermittent outages in the following buildings at the following times:
- Copernicus Hall, 2nd Floor - Monday March 12, 8am-12pm
- East Hall Basement – Tuesday March 13, 8am-12pm
- Marcus White 1st Floor – Wednesday March 14, 8am-3pm
The outage should last no more than 30 seconds per computer/network device. If you have any issues, please contact the IT Help Desk:
Secure Enclave Is Here
There is a new process for accessing Banner INB, Hyperion Reporting, WebNow and custom applications. Beginning Monday March 19, these systems will be accessible only through the secure Citrix environment called the “Secure Enclave.” The Secure Enclave requires two factor authentication. IT has been holding weekly workshops on this new secure access method. In the meantime, the December 2017 edition of the SANS newsletter explains how two factor authentication works.
These 1 hour sessions will be held in the PC Classroom located in the Student Technology Center in Marcus White Annex.
- Friday, March 9, 11am-12pm
- Friday, March 16, 11am-12pm
Identity Finder Updates, Thursday March 8
- Identity Finder has been rebranded to “Spirion.” Soon the icon will change on Windows computers. The functionality will remain the same.
- Automatic Scanning on Part-time Computers. Computers configured for part-time staff (if the computer name contains a middle prefix of PT, DL, GL and GD) will be automatically scanned with Spirion every month.
Ready for Windows 10 on your Office Computer?
We hope so! The new image we are installing has a much faster login process and is faster overall. It includes Office 2016 as well as enhanced security features like an encrypted hard drive and mapped network drives for laptops. To request a reimage to Windows 10, please complete the Windows Reimage Service Request form.
IT Service Request System
Requests for new services such as a loaner laptop, a new netshare for coursework, a computer upgrade or computer reimage can be requested any time, online, no need to call the Help Desk!
From the IT homepage http://www.ccsu.edu/it choose “Access and Request Forms.” Or to see a complete list of services that can be requested online, visit http://hsm.ccsu.edu and login with your Bluenet credentials (you may need to prefix your username with ccsu_comp_srv\).
Voice and/or Web Conferencing
If you are in need of hosting a voice only or web conference, there are several options available:
- VoIP phone – a voice only conference may be done via the phone in your office. Refer to the VoIP user guide for your phone for instructions.
- WebEx – using this method, you may host a voice only conference OR a web conference. Visit the WebEx information page for instructions.
Skype for Business – using this method, you may host a web conference. Visit the Skype for Business information page for instructions.
Brought to you by SANS, the most recent newsletter talks about Securing Your Mobile Devices.