Varsity Athlete Medical Clearance
On behalf of the Sports Medicine staff, welcome to CCSU Athletics!
Freshman, transfer and first year student-athletes at Central Connecticut State University must submit their Student Wellness - Health Forms and Athletic Training Forms prior to entering the university and participating in intercollegiate athletics. Student Wellness Service - Health and the Athletic Training Department must screen all student-athletes in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics.
|Student Wellness - Health Forms||Athletic Training Forms|
All requirements must be completed fully before the student-athletes may practice (including weight training and cardiovascular conditioning). Athletes will not be partially cleared by either Student Wellness Service - Health or the Athletic Training Department. It is the student – athlete's responsibility to refrain from participation in practices or conditioning programs until fulfilling all requirements.
Each preseason student-athletes are not allowed to participate with his/her team due to failure to fulfill all of the sport participation requirements. The most common reasons are:
- No Connecticut State University Student Health Service form on file with CCSU Student Wellness Service - Health.
- Immunization records incomplete.
- Failure to submit CCSU Varsity Athletic Supplemental Preparticipation Form to CCSU Student Wellness Service - Health.
- Cardiac/lab reports not forwarded to CCSU Student Wellness Service - Health.
- Insurance Information Form either not on file or incomplete.
- Failure to make and/or keep CCSU univeristy sport clearance appointment at Student Wellness Service - Health.
Student-athletes who fail to keep a scheduled appointment with Student Wellness Service - Health may jeopardize his/her ability to be cleared for sport participation for several days. Athletes who miss appointments are responsible for calling Student Wellness Service - Health and rescheduling their appointment at the convenience of Student Wellness Service - Health. Athletes must understand the importance of arriving on time for all scheduled appointments with Student Wellness Service - Health and the Athletic Training Facility. Coaches will be notified of athletes who fail to keep scheduled appointments.