Transfer Admissions Guidelines
Making the transition to Central Connecticut State University is easy!
Whether you are transferring from a community college or a four-year college or university, the Admissions staff is here to make your transition as smooth as possible. Admission to CCSU is primarily based on your academic achievement. Typically, CCSU likes to admit students with a college grade point average of a C or better after completing at least 12 or more college-level credits (not including remedial coursework) from regionally accredited institutions. However, higher grade point averages may be required for particular academic programs. Please refer to the web sites within the Schools of Business, Education & Professional Studies, and Engineering, Science & Technology for specific requirements.
Please see requirements for additional information or you may contact the Admissions Office for specific program requirements.
Credit is typically awarded to students who earn a C- or higher in 100 level or above course work from regionally accredited institutions. Developmental or basic course work is and will not be accepted. All academic courses with a passing grade (D- or higher) will transfer from Eastern, Southern or Western Connecticut State Universities. Pass/Fail courses are generally NOT eligible for transfer credit except for recreation/physical education courses from any institution and all courses from Connecticut State University institutions. A transfer credit evaluation showing how each previous college-level course transfers to the University will be mailed with your decision letter. Questions should be directed to the Office of Admissions at (860) 832-2278 or email@example.com.
Regardless of the number of credits transferred, a student must complete a minimum of 30 credits at CCSU in order to earn the University’s bachelor’s degree.
Central Connecticut State University requires all applicants to have graduated from an approved secondary school or have obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). In addition, the university requires Transfer students to submit the following credentials to the Office of Admissions in order to be considered for admission. The deadline to apply for the fall semester is June 1st and December 1st for the spring semester.
- Submit an online application by clicking here. Be sure to have your supplemental information sent by mail (see below for address).
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee. Online applicants will be asked to submit the $50.00 application fee prior to submission of the online application.
- Transfer students must submit their official transcript(s) from all post-secondary institutions attended. Hand delivered transcripts will not be accepted and are not considered official.
- Transfer students who have taken course work at institutions outside of the U.S. are required to have a course by course evaluation done by a NACES organization member www.naces.org.
- Transfer students must submit their official high school transcript(s).
- Applicants are not required to submit SAT or ACT scores if the applicant has successfully completed more than twelve college level credits or has been out of high school for more than five years.
- An optional personal essay on a topic of your choice.
- Recommendations letter(s) are optional.
Send all application materials to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Central Connecticut State University
1615 Stanley Street
New Britain, CT 06050
Associate Degree Recipients
Applicants with Associates Degrees must meet the minimum GPA requirements for their selected program. All graduates of Connecticut State Community Colleges who are recipients of an Associate’s Degree are admissible to CCSU. A minimum of two additional years of full-time study is required to complete a baccalaureate degree. Courses with grades of D+, D and D- are transferrable only if the student has earned an Associate’s Degree from a Connecticut State Community College or Charter Oak State College. For information on how course work will transfer to CCSU from the Connecticut State Community College System, please refer to our transfer credit equivalency guide.
Students considering transferring to CCSU are advised to submit an application at least three months prior to the semester in which they plan to enroll.