A commuter student is someone that does not live in a Residence Hall. You are indeed a commuter if you live just across the street from campus (a Resi-muter?), ten miles away, or in another town or city. This makes you a commuter. Please be sure to visit our Services and Resources pages for additional commuter support information!
If you have any questions about services available to commuting students, please stop by the Student Center Department office or call us at (860) 832-1960.
If you drive to campus...
- Get your FREE CCSU parking permit prior to the first day of classes if possible at the Card Office, located in the Student Center. This way you will know your parking options and have the required tag to park.
- Consider planning your course schedule to avoid high traffic and parking times.
- Leave early. Allow plenty of time for traffic, parking and weather.
- You may find that parking at a distant lot, and using the CT Transit shuttle around campus (with UPASS), might actually save time by avoiding the congestion of parking lots closer to your class location. Check the CT Transit bus schedules outside the Card Office
- Always plan for an alternative route in case of road closings and/or heavy traffic. Try using the “WAZE” app for up-to-date traffic reports and alternate route solutions.
- Keep emergency supplies (a jack, spare tire, jumper cables, etc.) in your car at all times. If you get stuck on campus, the Student Center Information Desk offers a commuter tool box which you can borrow using your Blue Chip ID Card.
- Make sure your car is always in proper working order; get frequent tune-ups. If you need a “jump” for your car's battery stop by the Student Center Information Desk, as we have a “jump box” you can borrow in exchange for your Blue Chip ID Card.
- Three Electric Vehicle Charging Stations are available for use at the Student Center Parking Lot off Ella Grasso Blvd.
- Drive safely. Buckle up and do NOT Text and Drive.
Commuter Quick Tips!
- Printed bus schedules may be picked up in the Student Center, near the Card Office and also at the Student Center Information Desk CENtix Box Office.
- CT Transit UPass is free for all Undergraduate Students. You can pick up a UPass in the Card Office. Click here for more information on UPass!
- Bus Passes can be purchased at the Student Center Information Desk CENtix Box Office. Click here for pricing and information.
- Commuter Mailboxes and Lockers are for sale at the Student Center Information Desk CENtix Box Office
- Check out the Rideshare options here - http://www.ccsu.edu/transportation/ and http://ctrides.com/
- On nice days, consider riding your bike into class. There are several bike locking stations near and around many buildings on campus.
- CCSU Police Officers are available if you would like an escort to your parked car, particularly at night. Contact Public Safety at 860 833-2375.