Academic Affairs Committee
Chair: Senator Alex Lee
Co-Chair: Senator Alex Kitchener
Mission Statement: The mission of the Academic Affairs committee will be to address matters of student concern in regards to academic at Central Connecticut State University including, but not limited to, curriculum, academic advising, academic standards, academic integrity, and academic freedom.
Early in the Spring 2014 semester, the committee approved the following responsibilities.
- Promoting the committee’s existence and purpose;
- Maintaining a continuous educational campaign on Academic Affair-related student rights and responsibilities;
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with related university administration (Provost, Faculty Senate President, Board of Regents, etc.);
- Providing academic clubs and individual students with the opportunity to voice concerns directly to the committee.
- Responding in a timely manner to the concerns of academic clubs and individual students regarding Academic Affairs issues
Academic Office Hour Program
The Academic Affairs committee will be holding office hours for committee members to address concerns from students. As a single meeting a week may sometimes be difficult to accommodate, the committee has established hours throughout most of the day from Monday-Friday. If you have any concerns that you feel the Academic Affairs committee should address, please visit us during our office hours to discuss them.
For more information visit the SGA Office located on the second floor of the Student Center, or contact the committee chair listed above.