Graduate Catalog 2010-12

Out-of-State Certification Procedures for CCSU Graduates

Most states have interstate agreements with the Connecticut State Department of Education to accept Connecticut teacher preparation programs in lieu of their own approved teacher preparation programs. Other requirements will need to be met for certification outside of Connecticut. Any state application that requires verification of completion of an Approved Program should be referred to the assistant dean of the School of Education and Professional Studies. The assistant dean will complete the forms and return them.  

Teacher candidates who do not plan to teach in Connecticut immediately should still obtain Connecticut certification so they are covered by reciprocity agreements with other states.


powered by finalsite