CT State Veterans Tuition Waiver
1) 90 days active duty (active duty for training not applicable). Please see dates below for specified times.
2) Honorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces.
3) Copy of Member-4 of DD-214 (with required dates of service).
4) Be a matriculated student (officially accepted to the University through the Office of Recruitment and Admissions). Eligibility ceases upon withdrawal, dismissal, and/or graduation.
5) Out of state students displaying a CT domicile (address) at the time of acceptance to the university will be eligible only while in full time attendance.
- All below campaigns and inclusive dates are designated by Connecticut General Statutes, and are subject to change or amendment by the Connecticut General Assembly, and subsequent authorization by Resolution from the Connecticut State University Board of Trustees to the four constituent university campuses: CCSU, ECSU, SCSU, and WCSU.
- Applicable General Fund tuition and appropriate Extension Fund course fees waiver eligibility becomes effective with authorization from the Connecticut State University Board of Trustees, and is not retroactive to any billing period prior to that authorization.
- Veterans who initially qualify for the in-state CT tuition waiver at the time of admission may opt to attend either full time or part time. The tuition portion of the tuition and fees bill is waived for full-time students; other applicable fees must be paid each semester. One-half of the per credit courses fees is waived for part time students to include summer, winter and intersession courses as provided for in a CSU Board of Trustees resolution. The registration fee and other applicable fees must be paid each registration period.
- Out-of-state students who are eligible for the waiver qualify only when in full- time attendance (no part-time, summer, winter or intersession eligibility). If domicile is attained later in school attendance, original qualification at initial acceptance remains.
- Responsibility for payment of other charges such as student fees, course fees, room and board, and books remains with the student. Arrangements for payment of those balances should be addressed with the Office of Bursar (full-time students) or the Office of Continuing Education (part-time students).
- CT Tuition Waivers are granted only to those veterans who served "on active duty" and not those who served "on active duty for training."
These requirements also apply to transfer students who may have received the tuition waiver at another Connecticut state institution.
Specified War Times
|A. Active duty for at least 90 days during :|
|KOREAN HOSTILITIES - June 27th, 1950 to January 31, 1955.|
|VIETNAM - December 22, 1961 to July 1, 1975 (any child of a Vietnam - era veteran who has been declared a MIA/POW also is eligible, provided the parent entered service after January 1, 1960).|
|OPERATION DESERT SHIELD, DESERT STORM, IRAQI FREEDOM - beginning August 2, 1990 and ending on the date thereafter prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law. |
|OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM - Members of a military Reserve or National Guard unit who have either been called to active duty or expect to be called to active duty in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Noble Eagle should contact the Office of Veterans Affairs at the above number. This includes members of the Connecticut National Guard called to active duty.|
|B. Engaged in combat or in a combat support role in the :|
|PEACE KEEPING MISSION IN LEBANON - September 29, 1982 to March 30, 1984.|
|GRENADA INVASION - October 25, 1983.|
|OPERATION EARNEST WILL (escort of Kuwaiti oil tankers) - February 1, 1987 to July 23, 1987.|
|PANAMA INVASION - December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990.|
In the above instances, the veteran must also provide documentation of expeditionary service in the specific location and of the unit or ship during the specified time period, or of the V.A. rated disability.
|C. Active Duty for service in the locations of :|
|SOUTH KOREA - demilitarized zone after February 1, 1955.|
|SOMALIA - after December 2, 1992.|
|BOSNIA - after December 20, 1995.|
For additional information: http://www.cga.ct.gov/2004/rpt/2004-R-0424.htm
Veteran's Affais I VA Educational Benefits I Veterans Drop in Center I Veterans Appreciation Organization