Campus Technology Facilities
IT Training Rooms, Elihu Burritt Library, Rooms 101 and 103
State of the art training facilities located on the ground floor of the campus library. Both rooms hold 12 Windows based training computers and an instructor station.
The Instructional Design and Technology Resource Center, Willard Hall, Room 04
The Center provides a wealth of resources for the successful integration of technology and learning. It is equipped with the latest computers that operate in both Windows and Macintosh platforms. These computers offer a range of software products from the latest Microsoft Office suite to Adobe Flash. The computers can be configured to facilitate a workshop or be used for open lab space. Multimedia development space is also available for editing video using iMovie or Adobe Creative Suite to produce media rich course materials.
The lab provides for:
- Online Course Development: Allow our instructional design team to design and develop your online course materials.
- Instructional Design Services: Work with an instructional design team who will develop learning materials with you.
- Experts in Residence Workshop Series : 1-2 hour workshops where faculty experts demonstrate successful integration of instructional technologies followed by hands-on use of the demonstrated technology.
- Just-in-time walk in support: Stop by for assistance with Blackboard Vista, the Microsoft Office suite and Outlook email.
- One-on-One Instructional Technology Assistance: Work with a technical assistant one-on-one in the Center or your office for help with Blackboard Vista or other software questions.
- Multimedia Development Assistance: Work individually or with an assistant to edit and display media for multiple applications.
- Blackboard Vista: Orientations and workshops for both Web-enhanced and Online courses.
- Scanning Documents: Using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software or scan photographs and negatives for use in publications, presentations, web pages and class handouts.
- Multimedia Teaching Station Training: Learn how to use the teaching stations, available in most classrooms, and receive a key for accessing them.
- Instructional Technology Resources: Journals, articles and books for instructional technology best practices.
- Web conferencing using Adobe Acrobat Connect: Contact Sherry Pesino for details.
- Audience Response Technology using TurningPoint : Learn how "Clickers" can be used to improve student comprehension and class interaction.