Objective 3.3 ¹
Identify and respond to state workforce and professional development needs through credit and non-credit course offerings and programs.
Reference to Previous Strategic Plans: ASP 04. 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 FSP 99. 1.6, 1.9, 2.5, 3.2, 5.5
VPIA and Provost
Continuing Education and Institute of Technology and Business Development Annual Reports DHE Approved curricula
Former version of Continuing Education dissolved; new version conceived, 2012. 0 Engineering programs, 1 Nursing program -degree completion (2004-05)
Increase number of student in non-credit courses offerings delivered via traditional and non-traditional methodologies. Quantitative measurements being developed (July 2012). 3 Engineering programs; 2 Nursing programs, including a BSN
Director hired, March 2013, new Continuing Education program launched. Continuing Education and Institute for Technology and Business Development (ITBD) realigned to Institutional Advancement (July 2012)11 Engineering programs; 2 Nursing programs, including a BSN (2012-13)
- Encourage entrepreneurial activity in all units.
- Promote increased collaboration between Continuing Education and ITBD.
- Increase online course offerings for nontraditional audiences.
- Explore unmet needs for continuing education in the region.
- Monitor workforce needs and shortages in CT.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for program development, including certificates and CEUs.
- Recruit and support students in all Continuing Education programs.
- Engage actively in statewide “social enterprise” initiative to support CT-based businesses with a commitment to support local community.
 This objective 3.2 combines objective 3.2 and 3.3 in the original 2008 plan at the recommendation of the University Planning and Budget Committee and the Faculty Senate. The President indicated approval of this change in July 2010. All indicators from the previous objectives have been integrated into this new objective. Subsequent objectives for Goal 3 have been re-numbered accordingly.
BACK TO GOALS & OBJECTIVES