Central Connecticut State University is a community of learners dedicated to teaching and scholarship that emphasizes development and application of knowledge and ideas through research and outreach activities, and prepares students to be thoughtful, responsible and successful citizens. As a comprehensive public university, we provide broad access to quality degree programs at the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral levels.
Elements of Distinctiveness
CCSU identifies the following as distinctive elements within the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities system:
• International Education
• Workforce and State Economic Development
• Community Engagement
• Interdisciplinary Studies and Cross-Curricular Initiatives
Central Connecticut State University aspires to be recognized for:
• graduating broadly educated, culturally and globally aware students who will contribute
meaningfully to their communities as engaged professionals and citizens;
• contributing to knowledge through scholarship; and
• fostering societal improvements through responsive and innovative programs.
o Faculty Senate Bill 08.09.017B
o Approved by President Miller 03.16.09
o CSUS Board Resolution BR# 10-43 07.21.10
o Updated 09.27.13