SUOAF Minority Recruitment and Mentoring Committee (MRMC)
Article 3.2 of the CCSU-SUOAF AFSCME collective bargaining agreement recognize the compelling need to increase the minority proportion of the bargaining unit members to more closely approximate the racial and ethnic diversity of the population of our state and nation.
Purpose of the MRMC is to:
- Identify and recommend qualified minority candidates to search committees
- Arrange mentoring opportunities for newly appointed minority employees
- Enhance the professional development of minority employees during the first six (6) years of employment or
- Enhance the professional development of minority employees during the first three (3) years in a new position or reassignment.
Article 3.2 of the CSU-SUOAF AFSCME collective bargaining agreement provides financial resources to provide direct and continuing support for obtaining credentials/qualifications by minority appointees to the SUOAF bargaining unit. If you are interested in financial assistance, attend professional conferences, pursue an advanced degree, and/or obtain professional certification or other training or education you may use the form below.
Funds are available for professional development to minority members of SUOAF who are in their first six (6) years of employment or first three (3) years in a new position or reassignment.
To Request Funding:
- Complete the Funding Request Form (click here to access the form)
- Attach supporting documentation to the form
- Submit the application form and documentation to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org at least eight (8) weeks prior to the start of the program.
**Additional funding resources are available through the SUOAF-AFSCME Professional Development Committee.