Students who already hold a bachelor's degree may pursue teacher certification through
our post-baccalaureate program. This program prepares students for teacher certification
in Art Education (PK-12) and does not result in a master's degree.
- Content: Art Making - Art teacher candidates will demonstrate knowledge of appropriate
techniques and processes in a variety of visual media.
- Content: Art in Context - Art teacher candidates will demonstrate knowledge of art
forms, artists, and art works from diverse historical and contemporary contexts.
- Pedagogy: Planning - Teacher candidates will design comprehensive, sequential art
curriculum that incorporates a variety of teaching strategies and considers the developmental
appropriateness of K-12 students.
- Pedagogy: Applying - Art teacher candidates will use a variety of teaching and assessment
strategies to promote students\' conceptual learning and artistic achievement during
select field and student teaching experiences.
- Reflective Practitioner - Art teacher candidates will engage in self-reflection and
analysis of their field and teaching experiences to identify areas for personal growth.