Central to Expression Through Words.
CCSU’s BA in English prepares students for careers in law, digital and social media, public relations, corporate writing, marketing, business, medical writing, publishing, research, screenwriting and more.
Our BS program prepares teachers for elementary through high school, and our placement rate and reputation are among the top in the state. Join us and learn the skills that employers value and that enrich a well-lived life.
- Small classes with engaged and diverse faculty
- Internship opportunities
- Student opportunities to write, publish, and read their works
- Study abroad experiences
- Accelerated program option to complete the BA and MA in five years
- Minors available in Creative Writing, Writing and Publishing, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Descriptive Linguistics, Cinema Studies, and American Studies
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care available
- Courtney Dee Pietrowicz '17, English Teacher and Educational Technology Coach, Tolland
Dr. Mentzer was an inspiration to me and helped me to cultivate my writing and develop
analytical reading strategies. At the time, I thought I was a strong writer, but I
was wrong. It was through her guidance, feedback, and delivery of material that I
improved and crafted my style. I often reflect on her lessons, and I am thankful to
have had her for several courses.
I thoroughly and deeply appreciated the English professors at CCSU (Professors Geller,
Folker, Greenwell, Ostrowski, Cappella to name a few) as they all had something to
offer. Now that I am teaching English, I do my best to provide a variety of techniques
to reach all students similarly to the way they all reached me. I love my job and
I am so happy that I went to CCSU for undergrad as I feel it suited me well and successfully
prepared me for the reality of teaching.
- Courtney Dee Pietrowicz '17, English Teacher and Educational Technology Coach, Tolland High School