Central to Exploring the Planet.
CCSU’s BS in Earth Sciences prepares students for careers in the earth and space sciences, including private industry, government, and science education. The BSEd program, designed by our science education faculty, prepares students to teach earth science at the secondary education level.
Programs all have a common core of foundational introductory courses with five specialization options with varied upper-level elective courses selected to develop skills relevant to diverse career paths within the earth and space sciences. CCSU also offers minors in Astrobiology, Astronomy, Earth Science, and Geology.
- Flexible programs allow students to select options from broad array of elective courses and minors that best match their career objectives
- Coursework includes hands-on experience with current techniques, both in the field and in the lab, including multiple opportunities to develop skills with instrumentation and digital technologies commonly used in industry
- Students encouraged to complete independent research projects while working one-on-one with a faculty advisor, and to present their results at a regional or national professional conference
- Active student community and accessible faculty provide a supportive and inclusive learning environment
- Campus location provides easy access to a diversity of locales of geologic interest, and opportunities for a wide variety of student field trips
- Multiple networking opportunities through events with local professional organizations such as the Geological Society of Connecticut and the Environmental Professionals of Connecticut
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Free on-campus child care
By the time of graduation, students will demonstrate proficiency in the following
By the time of graduation, students will demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: