What is a Living-Learning Community?
Living-Learning Communities (LLCs) at CCSU are on-campus communities designed for students with common majors and academic interests. Currently the following LLC is now available: Elementary Education. Students in our LLC will be clustered together and linked with at least one similar course and a Freshman Year Experience class. As a part of the LLC students will receive extra support and mentoring by skilled faculty in their subject area. Additionally LLC students will be offered special programs and themed events that will enhance their out of classroom experiences.
|Benefits to being in a LLC
|| Expectations and Requirements
- Easier transition into college life
- Maintain higher GPAs
- Make friends quickly with people who share common interests and goals
- Develop a support network with other students, advisors and professors
- Have increased faculty and staff contact outside the classroom
- Develop and refine leadership skills
- Live in the residence hall for your LLC
- Meet the academic prerequisites of the LLC courses for your community
- Enroll in LLC courses required for your community
- Complete program assessments at the end of the fall semester
- Participate in LLC programs and activities
Where Will I Live?
Students living in the Elementary Education LLC will be housed in Seth North Hall. Features of Seth North Hall include a computer lab on the first floor and a large lounge and multi -purpose in the basement.
How Do I Apply?
When completing the freshman Registration Form you will be asked if they are interested in applying to be in a LLC. By checking yes your name will added to the list of students interested in being a part of a LLC. Students will be notified by email if they have accepted into a LLC during the summer.
The Elementary Education LLC will be housed in Seth North Hall. Seth North have reserved space for those who enroll up to July 15th. If you have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply to be a part of a LLC please be aware that:
- In order to be prompted to apply for a LLC a student must be Elementary Education major.
- If you apply and are accepted to be a part of a LLC, and then later decide you no longer wish to participate in the program, both your housing and class schedule will be altered.