|Research Assistant in Media Psychology (for credit/paid position)
Dr. Bradley Waite is looking for one or two hard working students interested in learning about the research process to fill the positions of Research Assistant that I anticipate having open in the near future. I plan to conduct research examining the role of video games in our daily lives.
Applications are accepted starting now and will continue to be reviewed until the positions are filled.
- Completion of at least 1 Research Methods course with a grade of B or higher.
- Familiarity with SPSS and basic computer skills.
- Familiarity and some degree of experience with video games.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Reliability and punctuality.
Duties may include:
- Data collection, computer work, data entry, video game identification, literature reviews, writing and other research related activities.
To apply: Send an e-mail (email@example.com) to Dr. Waite (or drop off in person, Marcus White 209) the following:
- A statement of interest; why are you interested in being a research assistant?
- Tell me about any experience you have with research (including that which you have gained in a research methods class).
- Tell me about your knowledge of video/computer games.
- Please ask your course instructor for Psy 221, 222, 596, or 597 (or other faculty member familiar with your research skills) to send a brief e-mail to me in support of your application.
Considerations: Assistant position may be volunteer, for course credit (Psy 499 or Psy 591), or paid depending on amount of involvement and preference. For more information on his research, please see his website.