|Alpha Phi Omega Scholarship (2030)
Michael D’Amico/Class of 1998 Scholarship (2290)
- Provides support for students who have a demostrated record of leadership and service to the applicant's community and school, good academic standing at either the high school or collegiate level, and evidence of financial need.
- Provides support for a full-time, undergraduate student with demonstrated involvement and leadership in student activities. Preference will be given to a student with documented efforts to finance higher education through full or part time employment.
Cynthia Guertin Memorial Scholarship (2411)
- Provides support for students who put their personal convictions, whether of faith or other deeply held value, to work in their lives in very palpable ways, and use their gifts in the service of others, whether in their families or in their larger communities. Applicants must be enrolled, either full-time or part-time, at CCSU in either semester of the academic year following the scholarship award, and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7, and must have completed at least 60 credits by the end of the Spring semester in the year in which they apply for the scholarship.
Special Application Instructions:Applicants shall submit an essay of 500 - 1000 words outlining their sense of the connection between personal convictions and service to a larger community and describing the experiences they have had with such service. The letters of recommendation should describe specifically how you meet the criteria and at least one letter must be from a member of the CCSU faculty or staff. Kerzner Family Fund (2493)
Abraham F. Kotkin Scholarship (2540)
Support for undergraduate students who a) have a minimum of 30 semester hours of academic credits in residence at the University, b) who are in good academic and disciplinary standing, c) who have documented efforts to finance higher education costs through full- or part-time employment, d) who have demonstrated qualities of service, leadership and academic achievement, and e) who are Connecticut residents.
- Provides support for matriculated undergraduate students at CCSU who are.residents of New Britain and have a minimum of 45 semester hours of earned academic credit at the University with a cumulative GPA of 2.75. The student should present evidence of exemplary involvement in civic and community service activities which promote the City of New Britain and enhance life in the New Britain community. Applicants may also present evidence of financial need for consideration by the Scholarship Committee.
Special Application Instructions: Applicants shall submit an essay not to exceed 500 words on the topic: "Personal Growth Through Education." Rev. Robert Lord Trust Scholarship (2560)
David Ross Scholarship (2820)
- Support for students who have demonstrated exemplary involvement in campus and community service activities which enhance student life and promote the development of human talent, mutual understanding and respect, personal wellness and healthy life-styles, spiritual growth, and substance abuse education and prevention.
- Awarded to the undergraduate student named as the Outstanding Volunteer of the Year at the Student Organizations Recognition Program.
Special Application Instructions: Since this scholarship is automatically awarded to the recipient of the Outstanding Volunteer Award, applications are not accepted for this scholarship. Unity Lodge/New Britain Freemasons Scholarship (2865)
- Provides support for full-time undergraduate students with 30 credits and a GPA of 2.8 or higher who upholds the attributes and ideals of Freemasonry. Among them: tolerance and respectfulness of the opinions of others; behavior which shows kindness and understanding toward others; practicing charity; dedication to the deveopment of high moral character and good citizenship; demonstrating qualities of service, leadership, and academic achievement. Preference given to students from the greater New Britain region.
Special Application Instructions:
Veterans Excellence Scholarship (2868)
Applicants must submit a statement specifically describing how they meet the above listed attributes.
Great Elm Post 9945 Veterans of Foreign Wars Scholarship (2868)
- Awarded to the undergraduate student receiving the Student Veteran Excellence Award at the annual Veterans Recognition Program, or similar program, regardless of the expected graduation date of the recipient. Applications are not accepted for this scholarship. The Student Veterans Excellence Award recipient is nominated by the Veterans Appreciation Club and confirmed by the President.
- Awarded to a junior or senior level student veteran in good academic standing who is an active VFW member or who is VFW-qualified (served active duty in a combat zone). Applications are not accepted for this scholarship.