AboutAcademicsAdmissionsAlumni and FriendsAthleticsCampus Life
Home >
Residence Life > Graduate Students
page tools :

Live with Us Graphic

Graduate Housing

On campus housing is available and a limited number of spaces are available for full-time, degree-seeking, graduate students.  Because there are no apartments or suites with kitchens, it is mandatory for all students living on–campus to be on the meal plan. Graduate students are eligible to apply for housing once they paid the confirmation fee to the University.  To be considered for housing you must submit a application and the $250.00 non-refundable housing deposit by the established deadline. Please be aware that graduate student housing is offered on a semester to semester basis.

To apply for graduate housing download the application here.

Important Information About Graduate Housing

Where will I live, and what are the features of the residence hall?

  • All graduate students will be housed in F. Don James Hall which is a suite style residence hall with either three or four double rooms per suite. Each suite contains a large common area and bathroom. F. Don James Hall also features two computer labs, a communal kitchen on each floor and laundry facilities. All students are provided with an extra long twin bed and mattress, desk, desk chair, and closet. More information about James Hall can be found here

I see F. Don James Hall has a kitchen does that mean I do not have to be on the meal plan?

All students living on campus must be on the meal plan, even if their residence hall has kitchen facilities. More information about the meal plan and on campus dining options can be here.


Will I have a roommate, and will that roommate be another graduate student?

  • All students should expect to have a roommate. Every attempt will be made to pair you with a graduate student, but based on space you may be living with an undergraduate student.


Can I stay on campus during break periods?

  • On campus housing during break periods is offered to students who have an academic reason to remain on campus (e.g., taking classes, assisting a professor or campus office). Students who meet the criteria may apply for break housing. Please be aware that there is a separate charge for break housing.


What policies should I be aware of?

  • All students are expected to abide by and be familiar with both the University Code of Conduct and the Residence Hall policies. A copy of the student handbook can be found here  
  • Key Policies
    • Alcohol: Use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages, except as expressly permitted by law and University regulations. Alcoholic beverages may not, under any circumstances, be used by, possessed by, or distributed to any person under twenty-one (21) years of age.
    • Drugs: Use, possession, purchase, sale, distribution or manufacturing of narcotics, controlled substances and/or drugs, including, but not limited to, marijuana and heroin, or drug paraphernalia, except as expressly permitted by law.
    • Fire Safety: Students are expected to exercise all precautions to prevent fires in the residence halls. No cooking is permitted in student rooms. The University has authorized a company to market microwave/refrigerator units in designated Residence Halls. These will be the only microwaves permitted in student rooms. Rooms should be cleaned and free of clutter in order to minimize fire hazards. Drapes must be made of fire-retardant material. No ceiling decorations including decorative lights can be hanged on ceilings tiles. A list of fire restricted/prohibited items is available for viewing here
    • Roommate Bill of Rights: It is expected that roommates will treat each other with courtesy and respect. Students found purposefully creating hostile environment in their room in an attempt to cause their roommate to move out may be referred through the student conduct process along with being moved to another housing assignment.
    • Visitation: Upon consent of the roommate(s) a resident may have a guest spend three nights per week. Guests must remain with and are the responsibility of their hosts. All guests both overnight and those visiting for a few hours are required to be signed in during posted sign in hours.


Will I need to have my health records on file before moving in?

Yes. All students living on campus must submit their health records to Health Services. In addition all students must have received the Meningitis vaccination, and provide Health Services with proof of vaccination prior to moving in. For more information about health records can be found here.

Information about payment options and fees can be found on the Bursars site here

email page print page small type large type large type
powered by finalsite