Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac Download
For faculty and staff on campus only)
Ready for Office 2011? This version of Office has some new features and includes Microsoft Outlook.. Visit http://www.microsoft.com/mac for details. Using this site, you can be one of the first to manually upgrade to the complete Office 2011 suite.
Note: If you use an Access database, it is recommended that you work with an IT support technician prior to upgrading to Office 2011. This is especially important if the database is used by multiple people because all computers will need to be upgraded at the same time. Contact the Help Desk to schedule an appointment.
- Your computer must have OS X version 10.5.8 or later.
- You must have at least 2.5 gigabytes of free space on your hard drive.
Before you start the upgrade to Office 2011:
- You must be logged in to a computer on the campus network with your BlueNet Account.
- You must close all open applications.
- You must start the upgrade at a time when you will not need to use your computer. (Note: The upgrade may take up to 1 hour, so it is suggested that you start it before you go to lunch or before you leave the office for the day).
To begin the upgrade to Office 2011:
- Click on the Download Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac link below.
- Enter your BlueNet account username and password and the installation package will begin downloading.
- Once the download is complete, the Installation wizard will open. Click on the Continue button and follow the on-screen instructions to install Office 2011.
Do not use your computer while it is performing the upgrade to Office 2011. Once the upgrade is complete, your computer may restart automatically. If it does not, it is recommended that you restart your computer before opening any of the Office 2010 applications, especially Microsoft Outlook.
If you have any questions regarding the upgrade to Office 2011, please call the Help Desk at 860-832-1720.
Download Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac