Microsoft Office 2010 Upgrade
(For faculty and staff on campus only)
Ready for Office 2010? This version of Office builds on the revamped interface of Office 2007 and has some new features as well. Visit http://office.microsoft.com for details. Using this site, you can be one of the first to manually upgrade to the complete Office 2010 suite.
Note: If you use an Access database, it is recommended that you work with an IT support technician prior to upgrading to Office 2010. This is especially important if the database is used by multiple people because all computers will need to be upgraded at the same time. Contact the IT Help Desk to schedule an appointment.
- Your computer must have Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (or later).
- You must have at least 2 gigabytes of free space on your hard drive.
- You should run Windows Update prior to upgrading to ensure that your computer has the the latest security patches and updates. To run Windows Update, visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
Before you start the upgrade to Office 2010:
- You must be logged in to a computer on campus with your BlueNet Account.
- You must use the Internet Explorer web browser.
- You must close all open applications.
- You must start the upgrade at a time when you will not need to use your computer. (Note: The upgrade may take up to 1 hour, so it is suggested that you start it before you go to lunch or before you leave the office for the day).
To begin the upgrade to Office 2010:
- Click on the checkbox below to indicate that you have read these instructions.
- Click on the Install Now button.
- At the File Download dialog box, click Open and the upgrade will begin.
Do not use your computer while it is performing the upgrade to Office 2010. Once the upgrade is complete, your computer may restart automatically. If it does not, it is recommended that you restart your computer before opening any of the Office 2010 applications, especially Microsoft Outlook.
If you have any questions regarding the upgrade to Office 2010, please call the Help Desk at 860-832-1720.