AboutAcademicsAdmissionsAlumni and FriendsAthleticsCampus Life
Home >
Facilities Management > Inventory > Important Message Regarding State Property
page tools :

Important Message Regarding State Property

Stolen/Missing/Vandalized State Property

All state employees should double their effort to appropriately safeguard state assets. Any stolen, missing or vandalized property should be reported immediately (day or night) to the Campus Police at Ext. 22375.

Taking Laptops, Desktop Computers, or Any Off Campus Equipment

State Property regulations require that anyone who takes any equipment off campus, including but not limited to: laptops, desktop computers, projectors, etc., must fill out an “Off-Campus Equipment Loan Form”. This form is valid for ONE YEAR only, and must be renewed if you wish to continue using the equipment off campus. All equipment must be brought in annually to be inventoried. In order to ensure accuracy, these forms should be downloaded and prepared electronically.

Moving Computers, Artwork, or Any Equipment to Another Location On Campus

An “Equipment Inventory Change Request” (transfer form) must be completely filled out whenever any equipment or artwork is being moved from one room to another. This is particularly important for computers moving between a department and Information Technology, and the form must be signed by both parties. Be sure to keep a copy of your transfer form for your file. If your department moves to another building and you leave equipment behind in rooms or closets, your department is still accountable for the equipment until a transfer form has been completed. Contact Property & Inventory Control before you move so we may inventory your area. We need an accurate accounting of campus assets for State, private and CSUS auditors who come on campus at various, random times to test the locations of equipment on campus. In order to ensure accuracy, these forms should be downloaded and prepared electronically.

If you have any questions about these procedures, please contact Property & Inventory Control at Ext. 22343, 22321, or 22308.

Thank you!
Property & Inventory Control
Please access inventory forms to the left, under Inventory > Forms.

email page print page small type large type large type
powered by finalsite