Increase the total amount of financial aid awarded.
Reference to Previous Strategic Plans: FPP 01. 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2 FSP 99. 2.1, 2.2
Provost, CFO, VPIA
Financial Aid summary data
$90.8M (2012-13) Updated: 2012-13 is an estimate
- Add funds dedicated to hiring more students throughout the Division of Student Affairs.
- Maintain Deans' discretionary scholarship funds.
- Continue to increase scholarships awarded by the CCSU Foundation, Inc., and balance such awards between student recruitment and retention.
- Add to athletic scholarship base to reduce demand on need-based funding and provide it to other students.
- Expand the value of the endowment to increase foundation supported scholarships. Student scholarship support, from the CCSU Foundation, Inc., increased 48% in the fiscal year 11.
- Increase the amount of institutional funding of student employment and direct aid.
- Increase the financial aid available for early decision programs and Deans' discretionary funds.
- Lobby for increased federal and state student support.
BACK TO GOALS & OBJECTIVES