Employees, dependents, and retirees who are enrolled in a State of Connecticut health plan have two ways to receive flu shots:
1) From their doctor or other health professional; or
2) At CVS or other local pharmacies in the flu vaccination clinic network.
- For a complete list of participating pharmacies, visit www.osc.ct.gov or www.caremark.com.
- Please be sure to bring your current Caremark ID card at any of the flu shot vaccination participating pharmacies.
- Connecticut pharmacists are unable to vaccinate anyone under eighteen years of age. Dependents under eighteen years of age should use the Minute Clinic at CVS or have the flu vaccination administered from their doctor.
If not enrolled in the State of Connecticut health plan:
If you are not enrolled in a State of Connecticut health plan, please contact your primary care provider or contact your insurance carrier to learn about your options. To find a flu clinic near you, please go to http://www.lungusa.org/lung-disease/influenza/flu-vaccine-finder/.
Remember, influenza causes tens of thousands of deaths annually. Annual immunization is recommended for everyone six months of age or older as the first and most important step in protecting yourself and others against the flu.
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/whoshouldvax.htm?s_cid=seasonalflu-bb-049" title="Learn about Who Needs A Flu Vaccine. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/whoshouldvax.htm">