Parents of CCSU students are a key partner in the financing of a CCSU education. Parents do more than send money; they can help students understand financial concepts, responsibility, and the investment they make in a college education.
Compiled here is a list of tools and tips for CCSU parents:
1. CCSU parents should save for college to the extent they are able. The "Paying for College: A Guide For You And Your Family" webpage may be helpful to you in seeking out options for saving for college for your son or daughter.
2. CCSU parents need to know that most communication from the university goes directly to the student, including University billing statements. Communication is often achieved through the student’s CCSU email account, which may direct them to visit Central Pipeline for additional information.
3. CCSU parents need to remind their son or daughter to file for financial aid annually by CCSU’s April 15 priority filing deadline.
4. We encourage CCSU parents to teach their son or daughter about financial responsibility and how to establish and keep a good credit history.
5. CCSU parents need to understand that most student records are confidential and protected by federal privacy laws.
6. CCSU parents need to be aware that typical undergraduates between the ages of 18-24 are considered "dependent" for federal, state and school aid purposes.
7. CCSU parents should understand that many services of the Financial Aid Office are available to help families during the college financing journey.