The faculty of the School of Education and Professional Studies constitute a professional school dedicated to the quality preparation of professionals in education and other human service settings. As an integral part of Central Connecticut State University’s history and traditions, the faculty in the school embrace the university’s mission and commitment to “encourage the development and application of knowledge and ideas through research and outreach activities.” Guided by the purpose of preparing leaders for service in diverse communities, it is our mission to provide leadership for:
- Preparing beginning teachers to serve in the region, the state, and the nation;
- Preparing entry level, culturally competent, generalist social workers for practice;
- Providing advanced preparation to administrators, teachers, counselors, specialists, and other educational leaders;
- Providing advanced preparation to specialists in physical education, counseling, and nursing;
- Applying principles of learning and assessment through a variety of technologies to guide our own best practice and that of practitioners in the professions;
- Developing knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for professional practice and community service through learning experiences that are rich in diversity of perspectives, values, attitudes, and beliefs and that are enhanced by active reflection;
- Influencing educational and social policies at the local, State, and national levels.
In pursuit of its mission, the School has been guided by a set of principles and beliefs which stem from basic values such as educational quality and intellectual integrity, high standards and distinction, and respect for diversity and social justice.
Specifically action rests on the following principles: (Please click here to read more)
Programs in the School of Education and Professional Studies are accredited by the: (Please click here to read more)