DEADLINE: Mary Corcoran Memorial Scholarship
Date: Friday - March 22, 2013
Time: All Day
Location: MW 208
The Mary Corcoran Memorial Scholarship Program
Purpose: The Mary Corcoran Memorial Scholarship Program was created to provide tuition assistance to promising undergraduate students in the field of psychology at CCSU.
Details: 4 scholarships in the amount of 500 dollars each will be provided to undergraduate psychology students who have shown considerable promise in beginning the pursuit of life-long learning and service within the field of psychology.
- Students must have completed at least 30 credit hours at Central Connecticut State University. Further, at least 9 of these credits must be from Psychology Courses at Central Connecticut State University.
- Students must be a documented psychology major at Central Connecticut State University.
- Students must be enrolled full-time at CCSU during the Spring 2013 and Fall 2013 semesters.
- Students must have a cumulative grade point average above 3.0.
Criteria for the Award:
- Students must submit an essay of no longer than 500 words that documents their passion for the field of psychology. It is encouraged that students highlight experiences in the field of psychology that show their dedication to lifelong learning and service in the field. It is also recommended that students mention their future goals within the field of psychology.
- Students are required to submit a copy of their degree evaluation and undergraduate academic transcript.
- Students are required to submit one letter of recommendation from someone capable of commenting on their academic progress and community service within the field of psychology. Most often, these recommendations should be requested of professors or work supervisors that know the student well. Further, it is recommended that letter writers be advised to provide their impressions of the student’s desire and ability to pursue learning and service in psychology for a lifetime.
Deadline: All application materials are due no later than March 22, 2013. They should be provided to Matthew Heinly, Ph. D., whose office is located at 208 Marcus White Hall.
Inquiries: Any questions about the Mary Corcoran Memorial Scholarship should be directed to Matthew Heinly, Ph. D. who can be reached by phone at (860) 832-3108 or by email at email@example.com.