The Town & Gown Coalition was revived in November 2006, after an open forum was held. During that forum, about 150 Belvedere neighborhood residents voiced many concerns related to off-campus party activity. The Coalition works collaboratively with the Belvedere community to address concerns from all facets of the community.
- Excessive noise/Disturbing the peace
- Destruction of property
- Extensive parking problems/Cars blocking the street
- Trash all over yards and in the street
- Public urination and general disrespect
- Binge drinking
- The overall impact on the quality of life and property values
The purpose and intent of the Town & Gown Coalition will help the community:
- Clearly identify salient issues from a variety of perspectives
- Learn relevant information/data pertaining to and affecting neighborhood concerns
- Identify and implement potential solutions and initiatives
- Identify and overcome potential obstacles
- Locate valuable resources in the community/state
The Coalition meets four times per academic year.