CCSU LGBT Center Online Resources
Spring and Summer 2020
Virtual LGBT Center Lobby
- This can be accessed 24 hours a day and will be moderated by our LGBT Center student and professional staff on a Discord server. This is open to both currently enrolled and prospective students, who are looking for community during these difficult times.
- Those who would like access can receive the link by emailing us at email@example.com
LGBTQIA+ Weekly Discussion Group
- This is for any student, faculty, or staff member in need. This will be run through a Discord server on Thursday's at 3:00 pm.
- For access, email firstname.lastname@example.org
LGBTQ+ Support Group Listening without Prejudice.
- Victoria Ginter from Counselling and Wellness will be virtually continuing the LGBTQ Support Group on Wednesdays from 3:00 pm-4:00 pm. This is a confidential space for LGBTQ+ students to receive support.
- For more information, she can be contacted at email@example.com
Virtual LGBT Center Office Hours
- For those in need of resources, referrals, support, or would like to speak to someone one-n-one, we will offer virtual LGBT Center office hours on WebEx.
- Anyone from CCSU can access this service through https://ccsu.webex.com/meet/ccsulgbtcenter
- We will be available Thursdays 9:00 am- 12:00 pm and Friday’s 9:00 am- 5:00 pm.
- The Director or UA can be available outside of these hours through appointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
CCSU Queer Small Makers and Business Fair
- On a weekly basis, a local business owner or craft maker from CCSU will be advertised on our Facebook, Instagram and LGBT Center Website.
- This is being done in regard to self-care and food/financial security for those with small businesses.
- To sign up, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- These training’s will be available online for both individuals and groups on a sign-up basis.
- There is a google form version that can be done at the attendee’s own pace or these can also be held on Zoom, depending on need.
- Contact email@example.com to schedule a training today.
The LGBT Advisory Board
- These meetings will be held virtually, in order to discuss updates on policy, the task force, and planning for the following semesters. They will also advise the Richard Spada LGBT Scholarship and awards for Lavender Graduation.
- Lavender Graduation celebrates the academic achievements and contributions of CCSU's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual and ally (LGBTQI/A) undergraduate and graduate degree candidates. In this annual ceremony we acknowledge the unique challenges, experiences, and accomplishments that these students face during their pursuit of higher education.
- Graduates have two options; they can receive their certificate of achievement, rainbow chord, rainbow tassel, and a booklet by mail or they can participate in an in-person ceremony during the fall, before Winter commencement. Students will receive an additional award plaque for these separate categories: highest GPA, Activism & Advocacy, and Student Volunteer of the year.
- To sign up, students must fill out the Graduate Registration form on https://www.ccsu.edu/lgbt/lavendergraduation/index.html. From there, the University Assistant will contact them about which option they would prefer.
Follow Us on Social Media!
- Instagram: @ccsulgbtcenter
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCSULGBT/
- Website: https://www.ccsu.edu/lgbt/