As we work to remain operational during this evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) response, here are some key strategies and resources to help you make the shift to working remotely.
Create communication plans, etc. Click here for more information.
Important Web Resources
WebEx Information and Resources (updated often with new information)
- Adobe is now FREE for Students - click to learn more.
- Autodesk (including AutoCAD) is available free to students from the Autodesk website.
- Work From Home Quick Reference
- For those who need to use Datapriv remotely - it is now available directly from the browser on all CCSU computers (not personal computers). Personal computers still need to go into Citrix. (apps.ccsu.edu).
- Update on WebEx/Teams Training All of the remaining WebEx/Teams Training sessions are full. If you didn't attend training, click here to watch the recording.
- Are you in need of some computer accessories at home? IT is providing a Pop-Up Shop located at the mobile trailer in the lower lot of East Hall. Access the lot from Paul Manafort Drive. The Pop-Up Shop will be open on Friday, March 27 from 9:00a-3:30p.
- Faculty and staff who are approved for obtaining CCSU issued computers, you can pick them up at the Pop-Up Shop. However, you can only pick one up if you
have received an email that your request was approved. See message below:
The IT department is working with the campus leaders, division directors, and deans to prioritize a small number of laptops and desktops for staff. Those picking up that equipment should be on a list which was approved by their division area executive (Dean or VP).
For students who are in need of a computer, email COVIDUpdate@ccsu.edu with the request and justification.
Internet Provider Information for Everyone
Many Internet Providers are providing free or reduced cost for Internet, Mobile Hotspots, etc. Click on the link below for further information. This information will be updated as more information becomes available.
Facts that you should be aware of to make working remotely a little bit easier:
- Bluenet/Email passwords expiration has been extended from 120 to 240 days.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) has been extended from 7 to 14 days.
- IT has applied for free licenses of Adobe Creative Cloud for students, faculty, and staff (more information coming soon)
- For anyone in need of Internet access, Internet Essentials is offering free Internet for two months and providing refurbished computers for qualifying students for approximately $150. Click here for more information.
- Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon agreed to open up free WiFi hotspots. Go to their respective web sites for more information.
- If you have a CCSU computer at home, you can access the Secure Enclave directly at https://secureapps.ccsu.edu.
- If you are using Remote Application Server (Citrix) please be aware that there are some inactivity timeouts to preserve licenses. In all cases, you can log back in as long as there
are licenses available.
- CCSU issued (secure) computers
- Idle/Inactive computers are logged out after 2 hours.
- Active computers are never logged out.
- Personally owned computers
- Idle/Inactive computers are logged out after 3 hours.
- Active computers are logged out after 12 hours.
- CCSU issued (secure) computers
IDTRC resources for help with Blackboard:
- Getting started with Blackboard
- Blackboard templates
- Blackboard communication tools
- Online training sessions
- OnDemand video tutorials
- IDTRC Web Page for access to their Training Calendar
- Per the Board of Regents, System CIO, please be advised that no DCL3 hard copy, paper data/files is to be taken home.
- Block your personal number from displaying on caller id - type *67 to block your number.